Laser Acne Treatments in Atlanta, GA
Contrary to popular belief, acne is not a matter of proper hygiene. The condition is caused by several factors that lead to blemishes. Sometimes the after effect of acne is acne scars, which are difficult to remove and often obvious on the face. If you are struggling with the appearance of acne scars, double board certified plastic surgeon, Marisa Lawrence, M.D. can help with various acne scar treatments for teenagers and adults in Alpharetta, Atlanta and surrounding areas in Georgia.
Acne Scar Treatment Options
Acne scars are the results of severe acne on the face. Acne scars are often difficult to remove from the face using only cosmetic products. Dr. Lawrences uses several aesthetic procedures to reduce the appearance of acne scars in adults and teenagers.
- Laser Acne Scar Treatment – Many dermatological and cosmetic skin conditions can be improved with fractional laser skin resurfacing, including acne scars. Using the 1540NM laser our team can treat acne scars on the face in as little as one session.
- Microneedling – Microneedling is the process of creating tiny puncture wounds in the surface layer of the skin. These mico punctures stimulate collagen production, creating a healthy new layer of skin.
- PPR Therapy – PRP Therapy is the process of extracting PRP from your blood. PRP has many benefits and when injected into trouble areas of the skin and stimulate new cell production.
What Are the Benefits of Acne Scar Treatment?
- Less noticeable acne scars
- A comfortable, well-tolerated procedure
- Minimal downtime
- Reduces the need for oral acne medications
What Should I Expect from Acne Scar Treatments?
To treat acne scars, we may recommend one or a variety of procedures. Laser treatments, microneedling and PRP injections are all acne scarring solutions that may be considered. For treatment of acne scars using laser energy we use pulses of laser light to coagulate scar tissue and trigger healthy new tissue to form in clients’ skin. Healing time is minimal, infection risk is eliminated and clients feel little to no pain.
The treatment of acne scars via microneedling requires a short appointment. After the treatment your face will be red and in some places bleeding slightly, however, in a matter of days you will begin to see the benefits of the treatment and redness will subside.
The treatment of acne scars via PRP injections requires several injections to the acne scars. Our patients report the treatment is virtually painless. You can resume normal activities after your PRP Therapy appointment.
How Much Does Acne Scar Treatment Cost in Atlanta, GA?
Schedule your consultation to learn more acne scar treatments and our other services. We can provide details about the treatment, including the cost, after your consultation. For your convenience, we accept payment by cash, check, credit card and CareCredit® financing.
Don’t let acne scars stand in your way of having flawless, healthy skin. Double board certified plastic surgeon, Marisa Lawrence, M.D., can help with acne scar treatments for residents of Alpharetta, Atlanta and surrounding areas in Georgia. Contact us today to schedule your personal consultation.